Day Of Visit
Your time is important to us and we appreciate you taking a few minutes to ensure you have everything you need for your visit.
A parent/guardian is required to bring the child to the initial consultation. This will include a thorough examination including questions about family history, medications, and previous treatments (if any). The eyes will be dilated for this examination which may take from 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
Because of the length and complexity of the examination, please allow sufficient time for the visit between your other obligations or appointments, and adequate travel time to arrive promptly.
Comprehensive general eye evaluations are also available for children. These include referrals from your doctor’s office or school for failed vision screening.
If you cannot make your scheduled appointment, please call the office at least 24 hours in advance.
- Patient (Child) Insurance ID card
- Vision Service Plan (VSP) subscriber information, if applicable
- Due to the severity of food allergies in our patients, we ask that you observe our NO FOOD NO DRINK policy. We allow infant formula in bottles but not sippy cups. Please leave all food and drink at home or in your vehicle.
- Anything you or your child may need during your visit
- Completed registration form ,
As a service to our patients, we will bill your insurance for you. Any co-payment for office visits is due at the time of service. Dr Satterfield is a participating provider for many insurance and medical groups, including Medicare. Our office will be happy to answer any questions you have about fees and insurance issues. Charges are based on the complexity of the evaluation and treatment. Please bring insurance information with you to the appointment.